Sunday, September 6, 2009

Dreams

Dreams I thought I had

turned into dreams of their own

And tossing half-conscious between

warm morning sheets
shrouded in cold, winter morning light

Lost in the poltergeists of a night

wrought in polished silver shackles
felt so soothing and inviting
in those dreams I thought I had

This strange oneiristic obsession with

fading light,
sunsets and flickering candles
shelters crumbling overhead
& old friends I thought I had lost

Cradling their aphotic forms, slipping

through arms like prison window bars
I knew, I knew, I knew I knew them then
because the way people are in your
dreams
are the way they really are,

Stripped of the facade of cold winter-

morning light, their bodies just
impressions of an unconscious mind,
editing its hallucinations
of
superfluities.

No comments:

Post a Comment